Saturday, June 11, 2011

doors of valparaiso.

If you didn't already know, I'm pretty obsessed with quotes. I keep lists upon lists of song lyrics I like, inspirational quotes that make me think, and deep challenges that make me dream bigger. When I asked around in my study abroad group if anyone knew any quotes about doors, I was met with several blank stares, the expected "when one door closes another door opens," and a quote from Lord of the Rings that I considered using before deciding that it went against every anti-LOTR-watching argument I've ever had (many). Anyway, I'd been thinking about and waiting to do this project, taking pictures of doors, for quite a while. I'm not sure exactly what it is about doors that strikes me moreso than the rest of a building, except that they are usually unique even in a row of very similar houses. Walking through Charleston, Nashville, and even Davidson I always am able to pick out doors that I love. When I walked around Valparaiso, though, i couldn't not take pictures of the doors. Brightly colored, distressed, old, painted, worn, crooked... they all were. Here are only a few of my now humongous collection of Valparaiso door pictures...



















There will likely be more door pictures to come, because i RETURNED to valparaiso this weekend. I might move there forever, actually.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE. Can we make a collage of these to put in the Bungalow somewhere? They are amaaaazing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, you may not move there, but you may enjoy an extended visit for the next few day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the doors and the way you make ordinary things beautiful!

    ReplyDelete