Monday, November 12, 2012

the clarks.

This family is so very close to my heart, and such a big part of my story. Sharon taught me everything I know about photography, from shooting on manual to squealing to the importance of a good McDonald's coke and ice cream cone on the way to every wedding. She constantly spoke truth over me as a I tearfully talked about my fears and dreams of wanting to be a "real photographer." Three years ago, when she nicknamed me "Hearts" and hired me to sit in her house to edit her pictures {which I think are the best in the world}, I got the opportunity to watch and learn from the most dynamic, fun, Jesus-centered family I've ever encountered. I know more of who Jesus is because of the way that Sharon and Ryan love each other and parent Elle, Bosten, and Finn. Ryan is the one who taught me what it means to give my life away; He taught me everything I know about leading Young Life, and a lot of what I know about following Jesus. When they moved to Colorado my sophomore year of college so Ryan could work at Frontier, I was obviously crushed enough to follow them out there for three summers in a row, and now it's one of my favorite places on earth. You are my favorite family, favorite photographer, best mentor, and I couldn't be more grateful for the ways you've loved me.
























7 comments:

  1. holy moly.... LOVE THESE!!! haley, you're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley, these picture are outstanding! Thanks, Sharon for helping Haley learn lessons in fulfilling her dreams! Thanks, Ryan for your influence on her life! You have been blessings without measure. Your children are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY SQUUUUEEEAAAALS CANNOT BE CONTAINED!!!! i love this just for so so many reasons!!!! i feel like things have come full circle-you shooting the dreamiest, most beautiful pictures of sharon's gorgeous family. i have seriously loved watching BOTH of your photography businesses change and blossom and grow. so blessed to know both of you talented people!!!! sharon, your family is ridiculously cute--i cannot handle bosten's adorable outfit. hales--these are fun and lovely and perfect. you are so crazy talented!! #DREAMTEAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy mackerel...these are beaaauuuuutiful. Such a sweet, loving family and these pictures exude joy on so many levels. You captured them so well! I love you and am so proud of you Hales!

    ReplyDelete