Wednesday, December 5, 2012

oh dreamy california.

If you know me well, you know that "dreamy" is up there on my list of favorite words, and you know that I have a super idealistic view of life that keeps my eyes wide open for dreamy opportunities. Sometimes I try to create situations that I know would be dreamy (stargazing at midnight in the middle of the street while drinking tea... go ahead and laugh at that...), but the situations that always end up being the dreamiest of them all are the ones that I can't plan or expect. My quick 4 day weekend trip to California to visit Kenzie and Lauren last week was a total dream. After the very first day, I didn't see the sun for the rest of my time there. Not exactly what I had expected of southern California...HOWEVER, it made for the coziest, foggiest, dreamiest four days ever. I went on a ferris wheel, sat in Union Station, went to a rainy, decked-out-for-Christmas Disneyland with absolutely zero lines for any of the rides, went to a cabin in the mountains and had a spontaneous side of the foggy, mountainy road photoshoot on the way there, went on a walk through a small mountain town to find coffee, ate Mexican food 4 times, and briefly considered running away from everything to start life over as a surfer. It couldn't have been a more fun four days, and my company couldn't have been better. I really don't know why, but my camera didn't emerge until our photoshoot on the last day... more to come from that magical hour soon, but here are a gazillion and one pictures I took on my iPhone...


















The next three aren't from my phone, and Kenzie edited them, but I took them on our spontaneous side of the road photo-pit-stop.
















7 comments:

  1. haley. these are fabulous. i love you and your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my friend, have an insane gift. Thanks for sharing it with us. Makes me feel like I went with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're dreamy :) love this post! grateful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are fantastic. so much life and wonder and whimsy you got over those 4 days. thanks for capturing it on your iphone and for sharing it. you are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these days of adventure and life. you and your friends look so full of joy in every single frame. keep doing what you're doing girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely the best thing you have ever posted!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOU HALEY GEORGE. california loves you back too

    ReplyDelete